Thursday, April 16, 2015

Update 30-day challenge, 7 out of 30!

       I don't believe it.  It feels like I have been doing this challenge for a year, but unfortunately it only has started for seven days. After seven days, I learned one thing: creating stories is hard. To be frank, if you never write a story every day, you wouldn't find how hard it is. When I was young, my mom read so many fairy tales to me, and I listened to thousands of cassettes of story telling, I read a lot of stories. But when it comes to make a story, I will have to squeeze each word from my brain.  I literally don't know how those famous writers like Hans Christian Andersen, The Grimm Brothers came up with ideas about fancy stories. However, I did find something to write about after "squeezing " myself.
      Have you seen the TV show "The Grimm"? It's mainly about a cop who is a Grimm(The hunter for monsters)  fighting not to hurt many monsters but to protect them. It is one of my favorite TV shows. Yet many people don't know that the content of the show is based on The Grim Brothers' stories. Of course I don't copy from the show, but I just thought if I could write about some fiction stories, which I never tried before. I was trying not to depict a character who is evil, because my theme is about purity, nature......Well, you get it. Many mysterious stories always start with "Once upon a time......." But that's too common, so here were go,
     "A soldier discovered a wounded dear in the woods. " When I write down the first sentence, I was thinking if it was too simple and straight to the content, but being straight is a good thing, right? Because it gives a sense of readers what's the story about. "He brought it home because of his sympathy. After two weeks, the deer finally recovered. Before the deer left, He told the solder......" Anyway, you can see the story down below. For a neophyte like me, I am satisfied with what I have done now, and I will accumulate my words and my resources day by day.
   The point is that, I didn't write anything about background, about settings. You may judge me that this is too blank for a story-writing, the truth is I don't want to spend many words on the things that aren't important; plus, it's a short story.
   All in all, I made it to seven days! And since now I know how to find sources, I am pretty excited to the next 23 days. Story-writing sometimes doesn't require any literary techniques, and probably the only thing you need is your imagination. "There is not agony than bearing an untold story inside you". -- Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment