Saturday, April 11, 2015

   Have you been doing a challenge for 30 days continuously? It seems easy, but it doesn’t. It’s way too much harder than you think. There are many examples of 30-day challenges such as being a vegetarian, writing a journal, making different recipes for thirty days. What I have decided to do is fun to me, and it’s worthwhile. At first, I have decided not to lie in thirty days. I know it sounds easy, but you may lie even without you noticing. However, I gave up that challenge not because I can’t do it, it’s because it’s not interesting enough. So I won’t have anything to write about. Then I changed my mind, and set it to write a simple little story every day.
  One simple reason for this is that I can practice my writing skills. From my perspective, story writing isn’t necessarily logic; as long as readers can understand what’s happening in the story, and it keeps readers reading, it’s a good story. I can write my story on a small notecard, and I can count how many I would have written down. Writing a story requires my imagination to think. I will have to think about the organization, content of the story. In fact, I am currently considering writing stories that have in-depth meanings. Because I don’t want my stories to be very superficial, and they won’t be those kind of stories which 3 years old children would understand.
  Besides that, I wish I could add some drawings below the writing. One reason for this is because the cartoons make the story more vivid since cartoons could visualize stories. I am not a very artistic person from my mind; I don’t draw things before and I don’t like art. So, drawing is actually a challenge for me to build something that I never done before. Plus, cartoons are cute and I just need to scratch them rather than drawing it like drawing a masterpiece. I can even color the drawings with colors, which will make the cartoons much more vivid.
  At last, after 30 days challenge, I can tell someone that I’m a storywriter, even though I only wrote couple of short stories. I can also put these irrelevant stories in the end to make a whole new story, and it will be so much fun. Making stories is the whole point of this challenge to me, so does drawing. If I could put all these fun and meaningful stories together, it’ll be fantastic.
  I have started one yesterday since I felt like there was something in my mind. I could simply describe it as a love story because it was a story about a boy climing up to the sky to pick up the star for the girl he loves. I described simply, but there was actually a big tide of emotions coming to me. I used the simplest word to describe my emotions.     

       In general, I definitely think it is a fun challenge for me. I will have the opportunity to open my mind and make up stories. These stories will narrate emotions inside me, and they will express the relationships between men.

No comments:

Post a Comment