Saturday, April 18, 2015

9 days out of 30!

9 Days out of 30-day challenge: failure strikes me

You probably guessed what happened when you saw the title. I have to admit, I failed yesterday. Until now, I just realized that I didn’t write my story yesterday because I was too excited to watch “Running Man”, and forgot about the whole thing about challenge.
Yesterday was Friday. I really hate Friday, and if you ask why, there are just too many reasons. First, “I DON’T HAVE FREE PERIOD!!!” I need to shout it out loud. Friday is the most tiring day of the week. Second, I had second lunch, which made me starving for quite a while. Third, I have practice after school; after “I DON’T HAVE FREE PERIOD” thing. Thus, I felt like it was totally normal for me to immerse in the TV show after academic day ended. However, all these things are excuses that I forgot to write my story. I always keep things in my reminder to remind me of doing them since I have a bad memory. Luckily, reminder helped me a lot, but I just forgot to put my 30-day challenge in it. Whatever, this is me.
The good news is that I did write a new story, which I think is nice. The story was about an innocent, which who was accused of abusing people. “Once upon a tie, there was a witch.” In my last blog, I said that I didn’t want to use “Once upon a time” as my beginning, but this time I thought it gives the readers a sense of mystery, it’s a classic beginning after all, which was used thousands of times by Andersen. My inspiration for this story was from the movie Season Of The Witch, and the movie was about a witch who people all believe she is innocent, but she is not. And it turns out part of her is kind; another part of her is evil. Yet what I wrote was that the witch was actually threatened by the village head. In the end, Hades, who is the god of hell, sets her free.
When I wrote it, I wanted the setting to be medieval time, because it would have more connections to religion and witchcraft. But also because of the word number restriction, I didn’t explain that clearly. After times of practices, I begin to think about the setting and background as important elements of a story. It is because setting and background information set the basic tone of the story, whether it is a scary one, or a happy one. I am happy that I found some important elements to a story-writing, and I will do my best to finish the rest of my 30-day challenge.
       Although I failed a day, but it made me understand how to keep going of my challenges. It is a long process, and most importantly, it requires my willpower to finish it. It’s true that I begin to know more about story writing, such as organizing, setting, imagining; all of these are very important for me to achieve in order to make a good story. Alright, here we go, 21 days left.


No comments:

Post a Comment