Wednesday, April 15, 2015

30-day challenge 2

                          4 out of 30 days challenge: drama is like life

 Do you know how hard it is for me to create a not only meaningful,but also a creative story? Today is the fifth day since I started my 30 day challenge, and I have been struggling what I can write about every day. Guess what? There are still 25 days to go. Writing a story every day is harder than I think because I couldn't come up with some very interesting stories, but I could  just write as much as I can.
 The first story that I write is a story about a girl and a boy who fall in love with each other. The girl wants the most shiniest star in the abysmal sky so bad that she cries for it. The boy uses a ladder to climb up in the sky and the he finally gets it for the girl. How did I come out with this story? To be honest, I wrote it after I watched a loves try film which was called "starry sky". Perhaps the first time you read this story , you find it is usual and not creative at all. Yet when you think about it, how can a boy climb up in the sky and pick up a star? It's interesting right? You never find imagination so simple.
  Then the second story is about two bears who look out for each other. The magic thing of this story is  the natural instinct of two natural creatures; it's just too amazing to find that how creatures look after each other when they probably don't have high Intelligent Quotient as human does. I drew some cartoons of two bears together. Although I am really bad at drawing, I tried my best. And it turned out it wasn't as hard as I thought. I felt like there was something in my mind when I came out with this story. I was standing outside JJW, feeling the air, watching squirrels galloping, I saw nature.  That's where my inspiration came from.
  However, the third story is not about nature. I wrote the third one in the library when I was doing my homework. To be frank, the story narrates the seven when me and my friend were working face to face. Sometimes I feel like stories can be real lives. There is one thing in common between story and life: they both express something. "Something" could refer to feelings, emotions, or meanings etc. There is an old saying " life is a drama." That's true. Anything happened in a story could have happened
In real lives, like between you and me.
   For the last one, I have to say, it's a truly sad story. Since I had a bad day yesterday, I turned my emotions into words, pictures. There is a little girl who jumps off the cliff to find her soul. She is trapped in her mind, because she doesn't feel free. I certainly would not jump off cliff or buildings, but writing this story sets my mind free. After writing it down, I felt better.  Do. You realize it? Making up stories is a good way to pour out all your negative feelings and emotions. I'm glad that doing this 30-day challenge can help me with coping myself and be more of a positive person.
  I'm glad that I've been doing this challenge for days and I had a small success of it. Writing stories teaches me to try things that I've never tried before, and it will be so much fun.



3 comments:

  1. I really like the hook in the first paragraph which leads me to think with you, however, I really like to hear more about the actual stories and the picture you've drawn. You could add the actors names and plots in details. For the higher order suggestion, I think that you don't need to explain all your stories but pick the best two or three and describe them more carefully. In the first paragraph, it should be "I couldn't come up with..." rather than "come out".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the introduction which really grab my attention and make me want to keep reading.
    I suggest you to reduce the amount of stories you wrote, but explain more on one or two stories. That will help the reader to get more sense on what you are doing. The information you give are not so much, it is hard to understand the story with only few sentences. Rather than posted four or five stories, one or two are enough. Make sure to include the details, characters, and climax...etc.
    You could also add the picture you drew, so that while the reader read they can have some kind of picture in their mind.
    The last sentence in the introduction can break into two part, because it seems like a little bit run-on sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see some of the stories posted here. Also, I think you should work on a stronger ending. Early on, you say "loves try film" and I think you mean lovestory? I am also confused about the word "seven" in this sentence: "the story narrates the seven when me and my friend were working face to face."

    ReplyDelete