Saturday, April 25, 2015

#7

16 days out of 30days!

I can’t believe we have come this far! Everyone had struggled in these 16 days, we all had concerns, freak-outs. Yet here we are; we have made this far. To recall these 16 days, I think I had a really hard time making stories, or writing blogs. It isn’t easy to make up stories, and it’s even harder to make them creative, interesting, and meaningful.
To begin with, the most important thing that I had learned in these 16 days is persistence. It is so tough for me to keep going and writing a story every day. Others may have challenges that are much easier than mine since they don’t need to make up something new from their mind. However, I think being challenging is a good thing; it absolutely makes me practicing my potential skills. Although I have failed during these 16 days, I wrote about my failure in my blog. Then when I woke up everyday morning, the first thing comes to my mind was to write a story.
In addition, I learned something in story writing as well—Imagination. Imagination is a very important element in story writing since a story requires creativity otherwise no one would want to read it. However, I have been struggling on hot to make my story more creative, and what should I add inn my stories? What should I write about? I solve these questions by these simple steps: (1) going out side and get some fresh air (2) keep calm and open my mind. Then I come back to dorm and think about it. I found my inspiration from outside, like I always do. Yet I discovered that music and movie could inspire me too. As a result, I prefer to watch some movies (most of them are horrors) to have something in mind to make my own stories.
In the end, if you read my stories, you will notice that my theme is always about nature, death, and personality. The reason I chose these theme was because I though they were part of us. They were things that around us every day. I wish writing these could help readers to understand a deeper meaning of life. Death isn’t necessarily awful, and being true to who you are is important. They don’t look connected, but if you have some in-depth thinking, you will know. This time, I wrote about a girl who keeps dancing ended up with a glorious death. The theme of this is basically about “don’t ever stop even someone is in your way”.

In general, I appreciated that I have come this far, and there are 14 days to go! In the next few day, I will probably look up some sources online, and I may add something more interesting in my challenge such as ask someone to assign me a topic to make a story. Anyway, I wish I could write better stories with creativity. I know it’s hard, but we just need to keep going, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment