Wednesday, April 22, 2015

#5 30-day

12 days out of 30 days: half way!
It’s pretty excited for me, because it is the twelfth day since we started our 30-day challenge; I have waited for this moment too long. It’s almost half way! Although there is still 18 days to go, but at least I could see hope saying hi to me.
To be honest, I don’t enjoying writing a story every day. It is because that I am a busy person: I have many classes(well everyone does), then I have practice in the after noon, and then I have to study and finish my homework, after that I will need some extra time to review, besides I have to do exercise every day since I am going on a diet. Anyway, all of these are excuses, I have to be persistent and hold on until the last day of 30-day challenge.
These two days I have created something new about my stories. Instead of my old ways of narrating, I wrote stories, which were more like poems. In this case, it was much easier for me to write down stories, and it was very concise for the readers. Recently, I have been trying to figure out a way to use more new vocab words, and I think writing them down is the best way. I mean, I can write more in my stories so I can remember them. See? 30-day challenge not only teaches me how to write a story, but it also helps me to do other things like vocabulary accumulation, poem rhythms, etc. Story writing isn’t necessarily restricted in writing, but also imagining, creating, organizing. Thus, story writing teaches me much more than only writing.
Besides that, I am still drawing under my stories. Like I mentioned in previous blogs, I am not very fond of art. However, I still practice and try my best to write under my stories because it is easier for me to draw simple cartoons that can visualize the story I write about. Although I find that drawing cartoons require some techniques as well. Well, I created my characters every page of my story, and some of them—don’t even look like human. Most of them are match people, but I did enjoy drawing them
In the last, I want to talk about my inspiration as I always talk about. One day I have watched a horror film named Clown, it scared me and I had a nightmare that day. But the next morning, I felt like I could write a story about the transition of a clown, by which a bad clown turns into a good clown (if you have heard of the origin of a clown, if not, don’t worry, I ‘ll post below). As you can see, most of my inspirations come from movies, or books, even music. Because I love movies and music, they are part of my life. I am glad that I can conclude them in my stories. Certainly, when you read my story you will notice that these two brand new stories contain other elements like blood, or horror. Unlike the former ones, I think add some horror stories will increase my diversity in story writing.
In short, there are only 18 days left, I wish I can have more improvements in story writing and make my stories not only creative, but appealing. Stories are basically come from true lives, maybe next time I will write about people around me, and you better watch out……



No comments:

Post a Comment