Tuesday, May 5, 2015

portfolio

    This school year will be finished almost in a month, and I am looking forward to have a nice summer. However, I see my strengths and weakness in writings, and what improvements I have made so far.
  First I think the most obvious improvement in my writing class this year is that reduction of grammar mistakes. Before I came here, I had a lot of grammar mistakes in terms of use of words. I have been working on this every time I write a piece of writing. And now I can use some more descriptive word to introduce an object, so it's an improvement in vocabulary.
 Second, I have been improving on the logic of words in my writing. In order to make the words make sense, I explained specifically about an object, and logic is clear for each writing. I have done some brainstorming before I write, so my writing is becoming more organized.
  In addition, the introduction paragraph has improved a lot to me. After practicing again and again, I start to realize how important an intro is because the hook will appeal the readers' interest, and the "bridge" is a key sentence that leads the readers to my thesis.
  At last,it is likely to be less common for me to have comma splice, run-on sentences and such. I think revising a writings does help me a lot with use of punctuation marks. I used to make tons of mistakes in using punctuation, yet I think I can use them more flexible.
  In general, my writing skills are more abundant than before, beside I can use them more flexibly. Personally, this class provides a lot of opportunities for me to practice and expand writing techniques. There is an old saying " practices make perfect", that's a very true statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment