Tuesday, May 12, 2015

final post of 30-day challenge !

                     
The last thing you should do in your life--give up

  Giving up half way is my biggest weakness; I have given up halfway on playing guitar, on kickboxing, on swimming, on piano…and on many other things. However, I usually give up once I have achieved something. For example, I have played piano since I was four years old, but I haven’t played it for almost a year now. Even I play sometimes, I couldn’t remember most of the songs that I have played before. This weakness is consuming me in deed. Thanks to 30-day challenge, it kept pushing me to be persistent and finish my story every day, I can do better now in doing things. It also made me to realize that giving up would never lead me to success.
  People learn different things from 30-day challenge, but I pick this special view to be introspectedmof what I learned. I have talked about  a lot of things in my blog including the use of imagination, the organization of stories, and creativity. Yet the biggest thing I learned from this challenge is persistence.
   The first week of 30-day challenge was tough for me. I used a notecard to write my stories down, and my first story was a love story since I really didn’t know what to write to start my challenge. When I looked back, my first story was nonsense. Why? The reason is that it was not even a story. It  talked about a story of a boy picking up stars from the sky for the girl (Jiang). That’s right. That’s the whole story was about. It wasn’t interesting, neither creative. But I made a 500-blog post about it. The next few days I made couple of stories like that and I was about to give up. I don’t remember exactly when, I just know that in the first week I failed, which means I didn’t write my story for a day. Most importantly, I knew that I should write a story that day but I didn’t do it, and I made amends the next day. It was such a failure to me; I didn’t expect that i gave up so fast. The first week of this 30-day challenge made me depressed, and it also made me disappointed at myself.
   However, the next few weeks became better, but I didn’t avoid failing few days. Gladly, I made them up the next day. My brain was squeezing like sponges and struggling to make stories. I have thought about that I could just leave my work there and no one would know about it as long as I could put 500 words in my blog post, I would 't have to  make something up. Yet it was literally the first time in life that I didn’t give up. When people ask about my challenge, there was one word to describe “Hard”. It indeed was hard, and I kept looking for sources that I could use. In those few weeks, my brain cells were dying rapidly. Every time I sat in front of my table, and finally gloated that I have finished my homework. Suddenly, I realized that my everyday story awaited me for a long time. Some people gave me some suggestions about my story writing, so I started to look up online about some ideas. In order to make my stories more interesting, I asked my friends to assign me some topics, so I could write about it. Amanda told me one about the tree outside VDP, and I wrote a love story about it. Then I realized: as a matter of fact, there is something in my mind, I just needed a trigger to push me, and I had to keep going.
   In the end, the last few days of 30-day challenge were much more easier for me. Although I have given up on many things half way, I found that passion was the thing that kept people moving. Why is that? In the last few days of 30-day challenge, I felt there was something in my mind, and I really wanted to express myself. Besides, I learned how to create interesting and appealing stories, which made me feel like I was good at it. After browsing so many stories, even Andersen’s fairy tales, I knew how to make up a story that could actually have deep meanings. And, of course, I remembered a story that I created about time machine, was very confusing. But I was glad that I could make a story that confuses people, and made people wonder afterwards. Thus, my passion was like the wave, and I was the boat; passion pushed me to move forward.

   Generally speaking, this 30-day challenge teaches me not to give up easily because you will never know what’s across the river, on the bank of success. It is not easy to stick on something and keep doing it, because many people are just passionate about one thing for a while, and when their passion goes away, they choose to give up. I believe I was part of that group of people as well, but after this challenge, I have more confidence in being persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment