Thursday, May 7, 2015

#11

    Upcoming ending to the 30-day challenge
    Do you feel it? The wind of spring; everything revives in the nice shining sun. Although I like sprig, there are small bugs on the ground when you take a close look at it, especially ants. To be honest, I am not a big fan of ants, but I do come out with a good story about ants. 
    "He is so scared, he's been through enough. All he wants to do now is to puke. So he steps out of his seat and goes to the bathroom. This is his first time to take a plane. When he comes back from the bathroom, he notices that there are some black dots moving outside the window. He is so curious and he tries to see these dots more clearly. 'haha,' he laughs, ' we haven't take off yet.' He see some ants walking in lines regularly. An air attendant comes to him, 
       'Sir?'  she smiles at him, 
       'Yes?'
       ' Can you close the window now? Because everyone else is sleeping now.' 
       he feel strange and responds 'Why? We haven't taken off yet.' 
       The air attendant becomes impatient and says 'We have already. '
        'What? You are kidding me! Then why there are ants outside?' 
        ' Sir? Can you take a close look again? They are people, driving in the roads!' 
        Then he stops talking and his face turns to reddish."  (Jiang)
        Isn't it interesting? It's pretty embarrassing for the man who takes a plane for the first time. However, we all have our first time; first time of speaking in public, swimming, bungee jumping or our first time of 30-day challenge. I realize how hard it is to keep doing one thing continuously for 30 days. During this period of time, I have lots of struggles, and I fail my challenge for couple of days with 30 days. However, I learn a lot from it too. This challenge expands my virtue of persistence, and that’s what I lack before doing this challenge. My mum always says that I give up on things when I am already half way through it, and I just don’t have the virtue to keep going. Yet this challenge teaches me not to give up on things easily, especially when I have the ability to accomplish it. We will absolutely meet a lot of difficulties in our lifetime, but persistence will eventually make one successful.
   In addition, I become gradually more creative by completing my task for every day. I can add more creativity in my stories in order to make them more interesting, which is very helpful for my writing skills. Admittedly, I was regretful to choose my challenge because creating a story is hard. But I am glad I am making progress. Knowing that imagination and creativity are crucial in my writing is the best thing I learn in my 30-day challenge.

  All in all, our 30-day challenge is coming to the end, and I believe that we all learn valuable things such as persistence, creativity…. etc. No matter how many times we fail in writing, these failure will eventually become our cornerstone to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment