Friday, December 12, 2014

thanksgiving break

 A trip to aquarium
  You think you really know the beauty of the sea? Probably that’s not true. Sea is not a scary world as we think; it actually makes me feel energetic and curious. The fish, mammals living in the sea are amazing.
  During Thanksgiving break, I went to an aquarium in Boston, which was gorgeous. We didn’t mean to go to that aquarium in the first place; we went there because we were bored and it was the last day staying in Boston. We bought the tickets, which were about 20 dollars per person. Then we started a surprising trip that was out of expected.
   The first animals, or birds, were penguins. It was not the first time I saw penguins, but it has really been a long time. The penguins acted like little babies with eyes like beans staring at the crowd. Some of them were shaking and trying to get the snow off, which looked pretty funny. There was a man feeding them food, and we were so jealous that he could do that to the small cute penguins. Then we walked on the second floor and saw some really weird fish swimming as a crowd. Even they looked weird, but I was shocked of how cooperative they were.  Keep walking on the corridor we saw sea dragons. I understand how they got their names because their long wings made them look like Chinese Dragons. At first, I called them seahorses since they look similar besides the wings. They were amazing “horses”, and I never seen this type of creature before.
Around these marine animals, there were other creatures such as echinus, starfish. And I got a chance to touch a starfish, although I felt gross at first, I tried my best not to push to hard so that I wouldn’t hurt it. I even recorded a video when I touched the skin of the starfish. However, I forgot to wash my hands after touching it.  On the third floor, I saw some numb fish wounded around the corals, which were scary. There were some snakes too, they kept making noise like “ szi, szi”. The aquarium has a giant fishbowl that was three floors tall. This fish bowl contains all the giant fish, and yet they looked numb; like they couldn’t see us. The tour guide explained the creatures in this fishbowl to us, which was like a biosphere for the marine animals in this aquarium.  The fun thing was that I saw a diver diving in the fish bowl; it seemed like she was cleaning the fish bowl. All the young children gather together and staring at the nice lady in the giant fish bowl with shocking and curious looks.
   The trip was so amazing that I could possibly find a word to describe how beautiful it is in the sea. I haven’t visited a zoo or an aquarium since I was ten, I suppose. It was a great trip, and it made me feel like I have got my childhood back. Our life always requires curiosity, and a heart like a child’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment