Thursday, October 9, 2014

Be dying to learn

                                        Be dying to learn
         

  Since I was very young, I learned my lesson which taught me how to learn things; it was not only listening and remembering, it was practicing and trying. That was the quite true and I still learn things that way.  The capacity of our brain is limited, but after practicing, the memory would be deep-rooted.
      I remember that it was a quite hot Summer. All I heard was children's laughing and Parents chatter about asking their children to be careful when swim.  One day my mum asked me if I want to learn how t swim since many children I knew have already learned how to swim. What was my answer? Of course not! How horrible it is to learn swim. However, my mum was right, I guess I was the last one that didn't know how to swim within the people I know. I didn't want to laughed by anybody,so I went to learn swim.
      I met the coach. He was a Chinese man who had really healthy and black skin, the best word that I could describe him was brawny. I was happy to see him because he seemed nice, then he began to teach me and my friend to swim. My friend was one month younger than me, his name was William. William has learned swimming for a week, so I had to catch up with him. The coach taught me how to breathe and then we had practices under the water. It seemed like swimming was not hard as I thought.  After two weeks practice, I could basically breathe under the water with gestures.
     The horrible thing has finally came on that day. That day was unforgettable to me: the coach wanted us to swim in a pool of depth of 2 meters. I was so scared I because I wasn't ready for that. The coach came close and closer to me, I got nervous, I could even feel my heart beat like drums pounding. The moment that coach asked me to swim in the pool I galloped to the girls' bathroom and crying inside for half an hour. It was such a challenge for me to swim in this pool. I just knew how to breathe and the gesture, I didn't even know how to swim in the pool. I cried for a long time, and my mum came to convince me to go. The problem was that I was not that credulous since I was worried about what if I drown in the water? However, my mum got mad and I have to go.
    I followed my mum to see the coach who was sitting beside the pool. He smiled without any blame, I guess he understood the reason why I wouldn't go swim in the pool. He just said' if you never try, how do you know you can't do it?' He was right but I still couldn't . Suddenly, a strong force behind me put me into the water. I felt dizzy and asked for help in the water, I could feel that I almost smothered. But I could see through my  blur sight the coach just stood there, and even my mum was watching me. I felt my lungs became heavy and I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was dying. However, in order to save myself, I began to think what my coach taught me. I tried to relax and began to put my head above the water to breathe. Finally, I could float in the water without keep ' drinking water' .
   That was the way that I learned to swim. I know it was exaggerated, but it was a true and unforgettable story.  I realize that learning is continuous and there is more than one way to learn. Leaning should not be limited in transmission of knowledge from one to another, it should be fun. Plus,practicing is very crucial for one to grasp a skill, that is so-called ' Practices makes perfect'.

No comments:

Post a Comment