Saturday, February 28, 2015

review

General review for the show
  On this Wednesday I went to see the rehearsal of the show of “ The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling bee”. I chose to go on Wednesday because I think I could see the true performance without actors and actresses getting nervous and anxious when they perform. It was the original show. As a result, the show was absolutely one of the best shows that I have ever seen in the United States. It was attractive and hilarious, and I had a lot of fun watching this show. The reason that I love this show is because of the coherent plots, the setting, and how the show was performed.
First, the content of the story is quirk but interesting. Although Spelling Bee is a formal competition, but in this show, they were not acting that it was something big, but it was a fun event to do. The plots of the show were very coherent. The plots were pretty organized including three parts: the beginning, vertex and ending. However, I like the beginning because it made me feel novel. It was a good opening that made me laugh. Most importantly, different personalities of characters were fully expressed in the beginning when the actors and actresses coming out of the door behind.
Second, the setting was appropriate for the whole scene. I have to say that the setting was as good as the setting in the real Broadway that I saw in New York City. The background was decorated with light yellow blue stripes around it, renders the audiences a fresh view. The costumes for the actors and actresses were fabulous, and they really fit the personalities that were going to be shown for the characters. My favorite part is when Julia tore her hair band and sang out loud with her feelings. She efficiently used her bands to express the character.
Finally, I want to talk how good the actors and actresses perform. I could tell that they perform this with their hearts because I could see their facial expressions. Their body languages also express the characters that they acted. They cooperate well too; when they talked and when they sang, they all see each other through eyes, which make the conversation so emotional. Sometimes, they even exaggerate the action and speech, and make audiences laugh a lot.
In general, this show is very good, but there are still some flaws. The first one is that the actors may lack some eye contacts with audiences. Although they have good eye contacts with other characters, but the eye contacts with audiences is necessary. Second, when one actor was speaking, other actors and actresses as background and act more vividly with actions.

All in all, I love this show not only because its original story but also the performance as well. After watching this show, I realizes that “Practices make perfect”, I believe they actors and actresses must have practiced a lot on singing and acting. Anyway, it’s a very impressive show.

No comments:

Post a Comment